Tasting the Balblair online a few months ago was real fun. Fortunately this week we’re having another online tasting of Old Pulteney. What’s more exciting is that in addition to tasting the 12 and 17 year old expressions , we’ll be also tasting a brand new dram for the first time : wk209.
Currently all that i know about this new expression is that it’s NAS, 46%, and contains malt only matured in sherry casks. Lovely isn’t it? and OP and sherry….
Update: I’ve received a few additional details about the WK209:
Old Pulteney WK209 ‘Good Hope’
- Follows WK499 ‘Isabella Fortuna’ as Old Pulteney’s travel retail offering
- Limited to only 1,600 cases (
- Unchill-filtered, natural colour
- Bottled at 46% ABV
- Matured entirely in European sherry casks
- Named after a steam Herring Drifter WK209 ‘Good Hope’ built in Wick in 1948, first boat in Wick to use echo sounder.
You can catch me, and quite a few of other whisky bloggers/ twitters online on the 20th 19:30 GMT ( 21:30 Israeli time).
The hash tag for the event is : #wk209….
See you all online, Thursday evening for some good old tweeter tasting.
Sample minis for the tasting (wk209 on the left)
Gal. (@galg – on twitter)