Time to kick off a series of tasting notes for the latest batch of single casks from Benriach, Batch # 14. This year there were 7 single casks in total, the oldest being 12-year-old and the youngest 9 years of age – What is noticeable is that no cask has been laid before 2005!! no cask from the 1990s… I guess stocks are indeed low.
- 2005 Cask # 2565 / 12 years old / First Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt / 58.8% vol.
- 2007 Cask # 101 / 10 years old / First Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt / Peated / 61.9% vol.
- 2007 Cask # 105 / 10 years old / First Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt / Peated / 62.2% vol.
- 2008 Cask # 2047 / 9 years old / Port Pipe / Peated / 63.2% vol.
- 2006 Cask # 7360 / 10 years old / First Fill Virgin Oak Cask / 58.9% vol.
- 2005 Cask # 2679 / 12 years old / First Fill Port Pipe / Peated / 53.1% vol.
- 2008 Cask # 7880 /9 years old / First Fill Marsala Hogshead / Peated / 59.6% vol.
I chose to begin with one of the oldest casks, a first fill port pipe (liked the color, that’s the truth) filled with peated liquid from Benriach , bottled at 53.1%, and more will come in the coming weeks.
BenRiach 12 Year Old 2005 (cask 2679), 53.1%
1,664 total views, 3 views today