A few new expressions out this month let’s review them:
Benriach releases Batch #13 of their single casks:
The cask details are as follows:
- 1975 cask # 7028 / 40 years old / Sherry Butt / Peated / 53% vol.
- 1976 cask # 5462 / 39 years old / Port Hogshead / Peated Tawny Port Finish / 53.8% vol.
- 1977 cask # 3111 / 38 years old / Port Hogshead / Tawny Port Finish / 43.1%vol.
- 1978 cask # 3114 / 37 years old / Port Hogshead / Tawny Port Finish / 48.8% vol.
- 1986 cask # 3183 / 30 years old / Pedro Ximenez Sherry Hogshead / Peated Pedro Ximenez Sherry Finish / 55.6% vol.
- 1986 cask # 7569 / 29 years old / Oloroso Sherry Butt / Peated Oloroso Sherry Finish / 51% vol.
- 1991 cask # 6896 / 24 years old / Burgundy Barrel / Burgundy Finish / 50.6% vol.
- 1993 cask # 7937 / 22 years old / Claret Hogshead / Claret Finish / 54.3% vol.
- 1994 cask # 4004 / 22 years old / Tokaj Hogshead / Peated Tokaj Finish / 55.1% vol.
- 1995 cask # 5959 / 20 years old / Madeira Hogshead / Madeira Finish / 53.9% vol.
- 1998 cask # 6401 / 18 years old / Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon / Triple Distilled Pedro Ximenez Sherry Finish / 57.3% vol.
- 1999 cask # 5043 / 16 years old / Oloroso Sherry Puncheon / Oloroso Sherry Finish / 56.4% vol.
Pricing was not available yet.
Two new Wood finished expressions from the Benriach
Glenfarclas 1976 40 Years Old VI & Glenfarclas 30
This month J. & G. Grant introduce the final limited edition to the Family Collector Series, the Glenfarclas 1976 40 Years Old VI. George S. Grant, Sales Director and 6th generation of the family, reaches his 40th birthday today and what better way to celebrate than launch a special whisky for the occasion! Matured in our finest Sherry Casks, this bottling produced a total of 1,500 bottles at 43.7%, which will be available worldwide in the upcoming months.
Born in 1976, George takes great pleasure in sharing the last of the 1976 Glenfarclas casks with you. He is passionate about Glenfarclas and particularly enjoys introducing whisky lovers to these older expressions of Glenfarclas, those distilled by his grandfather and watched over by his father. He comments “The 1970s was a key time period in Glenfarclas history as this is when my grandfather decided to push sales of Glenfarclas single malt, combined with my father’s efforts in appointing distributors around the world”. Today the 5th & 6th generations of the Grant family can enjoy the fruits of their labour as they complete the Family Collector Series with the fantastic Glenfarclas 1976 40 Years Old VI.
This single malt highlights the beginning of a new era as Glenfarclas now marks 180 years of production since its establishment in 1836. The 30 Years Old will be rolled out in the UK market within the next month, and shortly afterwards to international markets, and will come in a new posh box (price is up..)